Join us for our webinar on September 28th at 1:00pm EDT, 12:00pm CDT, 11:00am MDT and 10:00am PDT
Providers nationwide continue to have many questions about major language access changes under Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act that went into effect in July. The new provisions apply to every health program or activity, any part of which receives Federal financial assistance.
This webinar will highlight these changes and what providers must do to comply with them. In particular, the webinar will address questions such as:
- Why did DHHS’ Office of Civil Rights issue a new final rule pertaining to ACA Section 1557?
- To whom does the new Section 1557 rule apply?
- How does the new Section 1557 rule change providers’ language access obligations to LEP and Deaf and Hard of Hearing patients?
- What was the effective date for the final rule? Are there any exceptions?
- What must our organization do to comply with the rule’s notice of consumer rights and tagline requirements? What resources exist to help providers comply with these requirements?
- Is Section 1557 currently being enforced and, if so, how?
- What types of provider conduct is clearly prohibited under Section 1557?
In addition to the formal presentation, we will leave plenty of time for live questions submitted by attendees. If you would like to submit a question to us in advance of the webinar, please e-mail your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
David B. Hunt, J.D.
President & CEO of Critical Measures
Mr. Hunt is a former civil rights attorney and a national expert on the law of language access in health care. Critical Measures regularly conducts legal language access audits for leading hospital systems and health plans that compare clients’ language access systems, policies and practices against federal and state language access laws and national best practices. Mr. Hunt has delivered major presentations on The Law of Language Access for the American Bar Association, the American Hospital Association and the International Medical Interpreters Association. In 2015, Mr. Hunt was selected by the AHA’s Institute for Diversity in Health Management as their national consultant for the #123forEquity Campaign. Critical Measures conducts legal language access audits for prominent national health plan and multihospital system clients and has created the nation’s first e-learning program on the Law of Language Access in Healthcare for CME credit.